Come and sing with us on Sunday 3rd November 2019 for an afternoon rehearsal then evening concert with orchestra. We’ll be in St James Priory, Bristol, and rehearsing in the afternoon from 1.00 – 3.30, followed by a run-through with the orchestra around 5.30. The concert would then be 7.00 – 8.30.
The Verdi Stabat Mater is full of drama and has been described as “a mixture of the purity and simplicity of the sixteenth century version of Palestrina, with the drama and pathos of Il Trovatore”.
Parry is sometimes considered the one who inaugurated the so-called “English Musical Renaissance” and Stanford called him the greatest English composer since Purcell. The choral/orchestral composition “Blest pair of sirens” sets an ode by John Milton with a Wagnerian-influenced style. This is a lot of fun to sing and is one of the outstanding English choral works.
This is a great chance to sing some adventurous choral music secure in the company of competent singers and lead by our dynamic conductor, Fabian Huss. Get your tickets below. Do come along!
- Butterworth – When I was one and twenty
- Vaughan Williams – Fain would I change
- Finzi – My spirit sang all day
- Mendelssohn – Nunc Dimittis
- Bruckner – Christus factus est
- Brahms – Ach arme Welt
- Rheinberger – Abendlied
- Bernstein – Dream with me
- Verdi – Stabat Mater
- Parry – Blest pair of sirens
Online ticket sales for this event are closed.
- Payment is via Paypal and tickets are sent by email for printing at home.
- If you don’t have a Paypal account you can still choose ‘Pay as guest’
- The remaining tickets shown above are those currently available online, further batches may be released.
- If you need help or encounter any issues please email email@example.com